There are speculations about India\'s tour to South Africa to be put on hold as BCCI wants a pruned itenerary.
The forthcoming India's tour of South Africa in November has come under speculation after BCCI on Sunday announced a home two-match Test series against West Indies. After the working committee meeting there was never a mention about the series, but as reported by ESPNCricinfo BCCI is likely to give a pruned itenerary to Cricket South Africa (CSA).
It is believed that BCCI had earlier objected the schedule announced by CSA in July and said it was released without their consent. According to ESPNCricinfo, BCCI has been in discussion with CSA and are likely to give a pruned itenerary. The Indian board wants the tour to be trimmed to two Tests, three ODIs and two T20s instead of three Tests, seven ODIs and two T20s.
After the working committee meeting in Kolkata, N Srinivasan said: "I've not said that the South Africa series will be scrapped. It's definitely on. We have just proposed a West Indies series in November. Neither were there any discussions on the South Africa series, nor did any members raise any questions on the series."
However, a CSA official confirmed ESPNCricinfo that their board is yet to be contacted by BCCI on the schedule issue and would only respond when they receive a formal request.
Over the past year, BCCI had problems with CSA and the Indian board was 'not happy' when it was known Haroon Lorgat was in the running for CSA's chief post. During Lorgat's tenure as ICC CEO, BCCI clashed with him over several issues like Future Tours Programme and the DRS.