The AIFF on Monday decided to lift a two-year ban on Mohun Bagan while fining the Kolkata club two crores.
Decisions taken in the AIFF's Executive Committee meeting:
The President of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Mr. Praful Patel Chaired the Executive Committee Meeting at Udyog Bhawan in the Capital on January 15, 2013. Besides, AIFF General Secretary Mr. Kushal Das, Senior Vice-President Mr. Subrata Dutta, Vice-Presidents Mr. Shrinivas V. Dempo, Mr. Larsing Sawyan, Mr. K.M.I. Mather, Mr. Subhash Chopra and Treasurer Mr. Hardev Jadeja, other members also attended the meeting. The Committee unanimously decided on the following points:
• After hearing of the officials of 'Mcdowell Mohun Bagan' and detailed deliberations, taking into account the findings of Justice A. K. Ganguly, former Judge, Supreme Court and Chairperson, West Bengal Human Rights Commission and by exercising its powers as "Appellate Body" read with Article 69 of the AIFF Disciplinary Code, it is RESOLVED that :-
a) Suspension/disqualification and deemed withdrawal from I-League completion as sanctioned stands withdrawn, subject to however, all points earned by 'Mcdowell Mohun Bagan' in current edition of I-League 2012-2013 as on 9th Dec., 2012 are taken away. 'Mcdowell Mohun Bagan' shall have to play the remaining matches as per the fixtures to be determined by AIFF in accordance with its sole discretion.
b) United Mohun Bagan Football Team Private Limited is to pay to AIFF forthwith a sum of Rs.2.00 crore as quantified compensation, damages and losses;
c) United Mohun Bagan Football Team Private Limited and Mohun Bagan Athletic Club to provide undertaking in the form of Bond to AIFF that it would not in future commit or permit commitment of any breach of any Rules or Regulations or Code of Discipline or Code of Ethics and always act in disciplinary manner;
d) Until compliance of (b) and (c) above, the suspension imposed by I-League Committee shall remain operative notwithstanding the above decision and publication of fixtures as detailed above.;
e) The indiscipline committed by Mr. Odafa Onyeka Okolie, the Captain of 'Mcdowell Mohun Bagan' be referred to the Disciplinary Committee;
f) No official of United Mohun Bagan Football Team Private Limited and Mohun Bagan AC shall be permitted to attend any deliberation or meeting of AIFF for a period of 1 year from date;
The Secretary of AIFF is to communicate the above resolution with detailed decision as adopted to United Mohun Bagan Football Team Private Limited and all concerned including all member Associations.
• Besides, the Committee decided to bid for two new clubs in the 2013/14 edition of the I-League.
• The International Friendly against Palestine on February 6 will be played in Cochin. The match was earlier scheduled to be played in Guwahati but had to be shifted out due to inappropriate ground condition.
• The Committee besides approving the Calendar for 2013/14 also granted a window for a new tournament to be hosted by IMG-R during the period.
• It was also decided to form a task-force for future interaction with IMG-R on re-structuring of the I-League, development of properties and other issues as per the MRA.
• The U-20 I-League would be held in Jamshedpur at the facilities of the Tata Football Academy in association with the Jharkhand Football Association.
• The 2nd division I-League would be held in Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
• The U-20 I-League will kick-off in the first week of March while the 2nd Division League will start after the Santosh Trophy gets over.
• Furthermore, Mr. A. R. Khaleel was made the Chairman of the I-League Committee. He takes over from Mr. Sajjan Jindal with immediate effect.
Professor Jiri Dvorak, Chief Medical Officer, FIFA made a presentation prior to the start of the Meeting which was duly appreciated by all. Mr. Patel thanked FIFA and AFC for their support and reiterated AIFF's support for the cause.