As it happened: IPL Auction 2014, Day 1
Posted on: 08:24 AM IST Feb 12, 2014
(Follow the Live Blog from the auction and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the squads as they build up)
Highlights so far:
1. Yuvraj takes home a mammoth Rs. 14 crore, more than any player so far in IPL 7, maximum was Rs. 12.5 crore bagged by the first retained players of the franchises. He is bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore.
2. Dinesh Karthik is bought by Delhi Daredevils for a whopping Rs 12.5 crore. His base price was Rs 2 crore.
3. Delhi Daredevils used Right to Match card for Kevin Pietersen, who was sold for Rs 9 crore.
4. Ashes hero Mitchell Johnson bought by Kings XI Punjab for Rs. 6.5 crore.
5. Comparatively, Virender Sehwag generated moderate interest and was bought by Kings XI Punjab for Rs. 3.2 crore.
6. Zaheer Khan is sold to Mumbai Indians for Rs 2.6 crore. Sunrisers Hyderabad used the Right to Match Card for Amit Mishra and he was was bought for Rs 4.75 crore.
7. Huge paycuts for Pathan brothers - Yusuf sold for 3.25 crore, Irfan for 2.4 crore.
8. Corey Anderson sold to Mumbai Indians for Rs 4.5 crore, Glen Maxwell sold to Kings XI Punjab for Rs 6 crore, Mohit Sharma sold to Chennai Super Kings for Rs 2 crore, Jaidev Unadkat sold to Delhi Daredevils for 2.8 crore.
More from this Section
May 20, 2015, 5:06 pm IST
May 20, 2015, 4:32 pm IST
May 20, 2015, 12:50 pm IST
May 20, 2015, 11:05 am IST