26/11 probe: Pak accuses India of being non-serious
Posted on: 03:30 PM IST Aug 08, 2009
Islamabad: Pakistan on Saturday insisted that the information provided by India on the Mumbai attacks is not sufficient for taking appropriate actions against those responsible for Mumbai terror attacks last year.
They also accused India of adopting a non-serious attitude towards the investigation. The information provided by India so far is not sufficient, Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik was quoted as saying by the Express 24/7 news channel.He also said that India has not given some of the information sought by Pakistan last month. Malik claimed that Pakistan is serious about probing the Mumbai attacks but India has a non-serious attitude and always avoided providing sufficient information to Islamabad to enable it to take appropriate measures to bring suspects to justice. He also noted that Pakistan had approached Interpol to arrest 13 fugitives wanted by authorities in connection with the Mumbai incident. Interpol recently issued a global alert for these 13 fugitives, most of them crew members of the two boats used by the terrorists to travel from Karachi to Mumbai. Express 24/7 also quoted its sources as saying that Pakistani investigators hoped to arrest two more persons linked to the attacks within the next few days. The Federal Investigation Agency is collecting more information against those who carried out the attacks, it said.