2G reference to SC: 6 questions asked by Prez
Posted on: 06:11 PM IST Apr 12, 2012
New Delhi: President Pratibha Singh on Thursday signed the reference on 2G seeking clarity on the verdict of the Supreme Court. This came after the apex court refused to review its decision on the cancellation of the 2G licences.
The government had on Tuesday agreed to issue a Presidential reference to the Supreme Court on the apex court's order cancelling 122 2G telecom licences.
Here are the six questions that have been posed before the Supreme Court in connection with its verdict in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case:
1. Whether auction is the only method for disposal of all natural resources across all sectors?
2. Whether the proposition that only auction is to be resorted to for disposal of natural resources does not run contrary to several judgments of SC?
3. What is the permissible scope for interference by courts with policy making?
4. If court holds, that a policy is flawed, is the court not obliged to take into account investments made under the said policy including investments made by foreign investors?
5. Whether licences granted between 2003 and 2007 will be affected?
6. What is the effect of the judgment on 3G spectrum acquired by entities by auction, whose licences have been quashed by the said judgment?
More from this Section
May 26, 2015, 3:45 pm IST
May 26, 2015, 3:19 pm IST
May 26, 2015, 3:06 pm IST
May 26, 2015, 2:52 pm IST