Bangalore: Boy dies allegedly due to anaesthesia overdose
Posted on: 11:30 PM IST Feb 06, 2013
Bangalore: A three-year-old boy died allegedly due to an overdose of anaesthesia administered by a dentist during a surgical procedure at a private clinic here today, police said. Shirish was taken to the clinic after he complained of severe toothache and died after he underwent a surgical procedure for the problem.
The enraged parents and relatives of the boy beat up the dentist and protested in front of the clinic. Deputy Superintendent of Police (South-East) division PS Harsha rushed to the spot and asked the parents to a file a complaint.
"I am still awaiting a complaint from the parents. We will accordingly file a case of death due to negligence against the doctor. We are also awaiting a medical report after which we will initiate appropriate action against the doctor," he said.
More from this Section
August 4, 2015, 5:49 pm IST
August 4, 2015, 5:30 pm IST
August 4, 2015, 5:22 pm IST
August 4, 2015, 5:18 pm IST