'Carbon for Twitter' app released for Android smartphones
Posted on: 10:49 AM IST Feb 04, 2013
New Delhi: Carbon, a third party app for Twitter, is now available for Android users. Available on Google Play for download, the app has been released for free. The much-awaited app was released after a long delay. Carbon was earlier scheduled to be released last July for Android users.
Unlike other Twitter clients, Carbon lets you have all Twitter content on one screen. It doesn't get you drilling down to many other screens to reach to what you want. Timelines, Lists, Favourites, Searches, Trends, Profiles, are all there on one screen.
"It's a slick "Holo"-themed Twitter client with some fancy transitions and a few useful gesture commands," reports The Verge.
The app is currently not available for tablets. According to The Verge, "It's not perfect, and the developers have fallen short on at least one promise - push notifications don't appear to be available yet (the app currently checks for updates every 15 minutes)."
Users can download the app from here.
Some of the features:
- Tilt Timeline to Refresh
- Power Scroll: Scroll/Swipe up or down using Two fingers to jump to top or bottom of Timelines
- Tap+Hold on Tweets to make everything clickable right on the Timeline
- QuickTimeline, home screen quick Timeline for Lists, Searches, Trends, etc.
- Rich Timelines with full inline images and videos
- Rich and HD style for User Profiles
- Rich and fun Conversation View
- Threaded Direct Messages
- Background updates with quick actions for Jelly Bean, per account
- Username Autocomplete
- Filters for Hashtags, Users, and Keywords
More from this Section
October 6, 2015, 10:06 pm IST
October 6, 2015, 9:21 pm IST
October 6, 2015, 9:03 pm IST
October 6, 2015, 8:51 pm IST