Djokovic uncertain over Monte Carlo participation
Posted on: 11:03 PM IST Apr 14, 2013
Monaco: Top-ranked Novak Djokovic says he is not sure whether he will play at the Monte Carlo Masters this week, even though his right ankle injury is healing fast.
The Serb twisted his ankle last Sunday on Davis Cup quarterfinal duty against the United States. Tests showed that the damage is not as serious as he feared and he has been training with his coach for the past three days ahead of his scheduled second-round match on Wednesday.
But Djokovic, who lost to eight-time champion Rafael Nadal in last year's final, says "I can't 100 percent guarantee that I'll be on the court," adding that he will decide "on Tuesday at the latest."
He adds that "I'm more optimistic than I was at the beginning of the week, that's for sure."
More from this Section
May 29, 2015, 8:00 am IST
May 29, 2015, 7:40 am IST
May 29, 2015, 12:05 am IST
May 28, 2015, 11:13 pm IST