New Delhi: The doodle on the Google India home page on Children's Day has been created by Arun Kumar Yadav, a class 9 Kendriya Vidyalaya student from Chandigarh. Arun was selected as the winner from amongst 13 finalists chosen from over two lakh entries from more than 1000 schools across 60 cities in India.
The Doodle 4 Google winning entry featured on the Google India home page on November 14 is titled 'India - A Prism of Multiplicity'. "India has diverse cultures, religions, languages, customs and traditions. This diversity can be witnessed in enthusiasm for sports; unique folk culture; extraordinary remarkable handicrafts; wide range of flora and fauna; agricultural practices with worldwide farming output; unparalleled spices and cuisines... Such colossal diversities represent India's oneness," says the doodle's description on the Doodle 4 Google India 2012 page.
Google 4 Doodle is an annual competition in which Google invites students from classes 1 to 10 to share their creativity by doodling on the Google logo. Google 4 Doodle 2012 is the fourth year of the competition in India.
The there for the 2012 competition was "Unity in Diversity". Google India asked the participants to bring alive the things they think are uniquely different and diverse, yet unite India and make it into a doodle.
The Doodle 4 Google participants were grouped into three different categories: Group 1 comprising students from class 1 to 3; Group 2 with students from class 4 to 6; and Group 3 with students from class 7 to 10. List of category winners:
Group 1: class 1 to 3
1. Vidhi Binwal - The Orchid School, Pune
2. Saubhagya Kalia - Sri Aurobindo School of International Education, Chandigarh
3. Vasuevan Deepak - Devigiri CMI Public School, Calicut
4. M Pranshu Tanaya - DAV Public School, Balasore
Group 2: class 4 to 6
1. Kajal C Soni - Queen Mary School, Mumbai
2. Shravya Manjunath, Mitra Academy
3. Aditi Tiwari - Amity International School, Gurgaon
4. Gulafsha Bano - St Anthony's Day School, Kolkata
Group 3: class 7 to 10
1. Arun Kumar Yadav - Kendriya Vidyalaya, Chandigarh
2. S. Preetham Paul - Sri Prakash Vidyaniketan, Vishakapatnam
3. Md. Aftab Alam - Albany Hall Public School, Kolkata
4. Prasun Jain - Anand Vikas Higer Secondary School, Bhopal
5. Samiksha Goel - Kendriya Vidyalaya No 1 Uppal, Hyderabad
Arun Kumar Yadav with his winning Doodle 4 Google 2012 entry
More from this Section
August 3, 2015, 12:07 pm IST
August 3, 2015, 12:04 pm IST
August 3, 2015, 11:54 am IST
August 3, 2015, 11:47 am IST