Galaxy S4 smartphone explodes in Hong Kong, burns down owner's house
Posted on: 04:11 PM IST Jul 30, 2013
Mumbai: Hong Kong-based Du was in for a rude shock when his Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone exploded, burning his house down in the process, latest reports confirm.
Chinese website Xianguo.com reports that Du was listening to "Love Machine" on his phone when suddenly he heard a loud pop. Surprised, he threw the smartphone on his sofa, which soon caught fire. The fire then engulfed Du's entire apartment, where he lived with this wife. The two managed to have a narrow escape, but Du lost all his belongings.
This isn't the first time that we've come across reports of loss and damage caused due to explosions in smartphones as a result of fake parts used in phones. Du, however, claims that the parts of his Galaxy S4, including the battery chargers, were genuine.
Firefighters rushed to the spot immediately and worked to douse the flames for over 30 minutes, say reports. All furniture and appliances inside Du's apartment have been reduced to ashes. "Upstairs unit facades and terraces blackened by smoke, metal fence also burned," adds the report.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
More from this Section
August 28, 2015, 6:07 pm IST
August 28, 2015, 5:34 pm IST
August 28, 2015, 5:23 pm IST
August 28, 2015, 4:46 pm IST