National Awards: Anurag Kashyap ends boycott, says issue resolved
Posted on: 01:30 PM IST May 03, 2013
Mumbai: The controversy surrounding 'Gangs of Wasseypur' and the National Film Awards has been resolved. The Information and Broadcasting Ministry will invite the two sound engineers whose names were left out from the awards list earlier, to the presentation ceremony on Friday evening.
The controversy started when sound engineers Alok De, Sinoy Joseph and Shreejesh Nair were pronounced as the winners of the Best Audiography National Film Award for Anurag Kashyap's 'Gangs of Wasseypur 1' earlier in March. But only one of the three, Alok De received an invitation to the 60th National Film Awards presentation ceremony.
Now with the two parts being treated as one, the two other sound engineers have been invited to the awards as well. "There was a technical issue due to the certification of the films. The issue stands resolved," Anurag Kashyap said.
More from this Section
September 1, 2015, 7:50 pm IST
September 1, 2015, 7:38 pm IST
September 1, 2015, 7:30 pm IST
September 1, 2015, 6:46 pm IST