Hyderabad blasts: One more dead, toll rises to 17
Posted on: 12:17 PM IST Mar 06, 2013
Hyderabad: The death toll in the February 21 terror attack in the city rose to 17, with an injured man succumbing at a hospital late Tuesday night. After battling for life for two weeks, 25-year-old Amrutha Ravi Kumar breathed his last at Yashoda Hospital, doctors said.
Ravi, hailing from Karimnagar district, had sustained serious injuries in the bomb blast at Dilsukhnagar on the evening of Feb 21. He was having snacks at a roadside eatery with his friend G Tirupathi when the blast occurred. Tirupathi died on the spot.
Ravi, a student who aspired to be a sub-inspector of police, had migrated to the city to prepare for his examinations. He was living in Dilsukhnagar.
Doctors said Ravi had been on ventilator since his admission to hospital. There were shrapnels that entered his body from the right side and came out from the left, cutting through the large and small intestines. He had also suffered fractures on his legs and hands.
The twin bomb blasts left 116 people injured. Fifteen of the injured are still undergoing treatment at three hospitals. Their condition is reportedly stable. Majority of them are likely to be discharged in a couple of days.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has taken over the probe into the twin blasts, but is yet to achieve any breakthrough.