New Delhi: LG's hot-selling Nexus 4 smartphone is expected to make its India debut in January 2013, according to a source. The Nexus 4 is easily one of the most awaited Android phones in India and LG has so far been tightlipped about the phone's India plans.
Our source also informed us that the LG Optimus G smartphone with voice-activated power camera is also gearing up for its India launch. The Optimus G boasts a 13 megapixel camera which a user can instruct to take snaps by talking to it, plus a 4.7-inch screen with a sharper picture quality than both the iPhone and Samsung's Galaxy S III.
The source, however, did not reveal any details about the price of the Nexus 4 or the Optimus G in India.
The Nexus 4 is the first phone to come with Google's latest Android 4.2 operating system and has been collaboratively designed by LG and Google and was launched at a price of $299, without contract.
The Nexus 4 features a 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display with a resolution of 1280-by-768 pixels, supported by Zerogap Touch technology. The screen is scratch resistant, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2. The phone sports an 8 megapixel camera. The Nexus 4 is armed with Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs, and 2GB of RAM.
Nexus 4: Key specifications
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs
- Operating System: Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
- Network: 3G (WCDMA), HSPA+
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels)
- Memory: 8GB / 16GB
- RAM: 2GB
- Camera: 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP HD front
- Battery: 2,100mAh Li-Polymer (embedded) / Talk time: 15.3 hours / Standby: 390 hours
- Size: 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 139g
- Other: Wireless charging, NFC
More from this Section
July 4, 2015, 12:27 am IST
July 3, 2015, 11:32 pm IST
July 3, 2015, 10:46 pm IST
July 3, 2015, 10:40 pm IST