Delhi school rape: Principal, four other officials suspended
Posted on: 07:25 PM IST Mar 02, 2013
New Delhi: Even though there has been no breakthrough in the Mangolpuri rape case so far, the principal and four other officials of the school where a 7-year-old child was raped have been suspended by the Muncipal Corporation of Delhi.
On Saturday, the police claimed to have recovered vital clues and ruled out the role of an outsider in connection with the incident.
Teachers including 13 female and two male were called in for questioning again in the morning. Four people including two teachers were questioned on Friday.
Meanwhile, the rape survivor has been discharged from the hospital. Dr Puneeta Mahajan, medical Superintendent, Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital said, "The patient was discharged in a stable condition yesterday at 4 pm. Prima facie medical tests confirmed sexual assault. We are awaiting final reports."
Meanwhile, there was heavy deployment of police and Rapid Action Force in the area, especially outside the hospital where the girl was being treated. This came after locals clashed with the police on Friday evening.
Angry protesters, including neighbours and local residents clashed outside the hospital with the police, accusing them of taking no action for three hours post the incident. The family of the rape survivor has claimed that the child was threatened with dire consequences if she told anyone about the incident. "The girl told us that she was gagged, tied and told that she would be killed if she told anyone," said the survivor's family member.
More from this Section
October 7, 2015, 3:17 pm IST
October 7, 2015, 3:14 pm IST
October 7, 2015, 3:06 pm IST
October 7, 2015, 2:23 pm IST