Noida trade union violence: Sequence of events
Posted on: 02:31 PM IST Feb 20, 2013
There were reports of violence in Noida Phase-II during the trade unions' strike on Wednesday. Over 1,000 trade union workers protested and vandalised cars, setting vehicles on fire. The protestors even set fire to a fire engine. Following is the sequence of events in the area:
- Alleged CITU workers at the hosiery complex in Noida Phase-II staged protests at 11 am on Wednesday.
- The protestors took to streets and attacked a bus at around 11:30 am.
- Thereafter, they attacked every car that came in the way. There was no police presence in the area.
- The protestors set at least eight cars on fire and over two dozen cars were vandalised.
- The protestors also vandalised over 100 offices and indulged in scuffles with any worker who came in their way.
- The protestors then set fire to a bus and a fire engine. They also vandalised four police vans.
- Over dozen people were injured in the incident and have been admitted to the hospital. Six policemen were also injured.
- Police forces were also called in from Ghaziabad.
More from this Section
October 7, 2015, 9:45 am IST
October 7, 2015, 9:15 am IST
October 7, 2015, 8:40 am IST
October 7, 2015, 7:58 am IST