Ceasefire violation: India's charge a propaganda, says Pak Army
Posted on: 09:52 AM IST Jan 09, 2013
New Delhi: The Pakistan Army has rejected India's claims that Pakistani troops raided across the Line of Control and ambushed an Indian Army patrol party, killing two Indian soldiers. The Pakistani Army dismissed India's charge as 'propaganda'. Pakistan military officials denied that the attack had been unprovoked.
"It looks like Indian propaganda to divert attention from Sunday raid on a Pakistani post by Indian troops in which a Pakistani soldier was killed," a Pakistani military official said. Pakistan said that one soldier was killed and another injured by the Indian forces on the Pakistan side of the LoC on Sunday.
Meanwhile, India has summoned the Pakistan High Commissioner to lodge a protest over the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani Army troops. Sources say the External Affairs Ministry, Defence Ministry and Intelligence agencies are assessing the situation.
Pakistani soldiers had attacked an Indian army patrol in Poonch. One of the dead soldiers' bodies was found to be mutilated.
India has reacted strongly to the ceasefire violation and killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops. Calling it a provocative action, the Defence Ministry in a statement said, "The government of India considers the incident as a provocative action and we condemn it. DGMOs the two countries are in touch over it. The government will take up the incident with the Pakistan government. We expect Islamabad to honour the ceasefire agreement strictly."
In a major escalation to the ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts, a group of Pakistan Army soldiers raided across the Line of Control in Mendhar Sector and killed two Indian soldiers and injured one more. The Pakistani troops attacked an area domination patrol party of the Indian Army. In the ensuing gunfight two Indian soldiers were killed and the body of one of them was mutilated by the intruders.
In a statement, the Army said, "A group of their regular soldiers intruded across the Line of Control in the Mendhar Sect on 08 Jan 2013. Pakistan Army troops, having taken advantage of thick fog and mist in the forested area, were moving towards own posts when an alert area domination patrol spotted and engaged the intruders. The fire fight between Pakistan and own troops continued for approximately half an hour after which the intruders retreated back towards their side of Line of Control."
(With additional information from PTI)
More from this Section
September 3, 2015, 12:37 am IST
September 3, 2015, 12:30 am IST
September 3, 2015, 12:25 am IST
September 2, 2015, 11:42 pm IST