Prize winners at 2011 Cannes film festival
Posted on: 10:49 AM IST May 23, 2011
Cannes: The 2011 Cannes film festival ended on Sunday with an awards ceremony where US director Terrence Malick's film 'The Tree of Life' won the Palme d'Or for best picture.
Following were the main prize winners on the night:
Palme d'Or (Golden Palm) for best film
- 'The Tree of Life' directed by Terrence Malick (United States)
Grand Prix runner-up prize
- 'Once Upon A Time In Anatolia' directed by Nuri Bilge Ceylan (Turkey) and 'The Kid With A Bike' directed by Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne (Belgium)
- Nicolas Winding Refn (Denmark) for 'Drive'
- Joseph Cedar (Israel) for 'Footnote'
- Kirsten Dunst (United States) for 'Melancholia'
- Jean Dujardin (France) for 'The Artist'
- 'Polisse' directed by Maiwenn (France)
Camera d'Or (Golden Camera) for best first feature
- 'Las Acacias' directed by Pablo Giorgelli (Argentina)
More from this Section
August 3, 2015, 9:27 am IST
August 3, 2015, 9:26 am IST
August 3, 2015, 9:18 am IST
August 3, 2015, 8:47 am IST