Response to new Indian dossier next week: Pakistan
Posted on: 09:07 PM IST Sep 12, 2009
Islamabad: Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Saturday said Islamabad will send its response to the sixth Indian dossier on the 26/11 Mumbai attacks next week.
Malik, who held a meeting to review the new Indian dossier, said its examination would be completed by next week and Pakistan would then send its response, Geo TV reported.
On Friday, the interior minister said that Pakistan had started the trial of the five militants arrested in connection with the attacks with transparency. The hearings would begin after Eid and are likely to be completed in two to two-and-a-half months.
He challenged India to a "debate" during the coming session of the UN General Assembly over the conduct of its probe into the November 26-29, 2008 Mumbai carnage that claimed the lives of over 170 people, including 26 foreigners.
He asked India to stop the blame game and resume talks with Pakistan.
Malik's remarks came a day after India on Thursday conveyed to the US its displeasure over Pakistan's "reluctance" to take action against militants arrested for their role in the Mumbai terror attacks and letting their suspected mastermind go free.
India's Home Minister P Chidambaram, who met Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, other government officials and key lawmakers on his second day of Washington visit Thursday, expressed displeasure over Pakistan's "reluctance to take action" against five to six militants arrested for their role in 26/11 and releasing their "mastermind" Hafiz Saeed.
Urging India not to cast doubts on Pakistan's sincerity, he said that as Pakistan respected Indian courts, India should respect Pakistan's courts as well.
About Laskhar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder Hafiz Saeed, Malik said he had been released by the Pakistani courts for want of evidence.