Three children burnt to death in Maharashtra village
Posted on: 02:39 AM IST Feb 19, 2013
Ahmednagar: Three children of a family were burnt to death in a fire that broke out in their hut in Nandurkhi village of Ahmednagar district early on Monday, police said.
"Three children were burnt to death after a (kerosene) lamp fell down and triggered a fire in their hut," said an official from the Shirdi police station, under which Nandurkhi village falls.
Those killed have been identified as Akash Vidhate, 15, Manisha Vidhate, 13, and Vikas Vidhate, 11. Their father also received burn injuries while trying to rescue them.
Police said the parents of the three children were sleeping in another hut nearby when the incident took place. Ahmednagar is about 270 km from Mumbai.
More from this Section
September 1, 2015, 12:35 am IST
August 31, 2015, 10:01 pm IST
August 31, 2015, 9:41 pm IST
August 31, 2015, 8:41 pm IST