Timeline: YS Jaganmohan Reddy's journey so far
Posted on: 06:08 PM IST Sep 23, 2013
A special CBI court on Monday granted conditional bail to YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy in a disproportionate assets case.
Here is the timeline Jaganmohan Reddy's journey so far:
- Jagan won 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Kadapa on a Congress ticket.
- His father and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Dr YSR died in a helicopter crash in September 2009.
- Jagan left the Congress in November 2010
- Congress MLA Shankar Rao filed a PIL in Andhra Pradesh High Court seeking a CBI probe against Jagan.
- Andhra Pradesh High Court ordered a CBI probe into his assets in June/July 2011. The Supreme Court upheld it.
- Jagan was arrested in May 2012.
- The Supreme Court rejected his bail plea twice.
- The apex court ordered the CBI to complete probe by September.
- The CBI filed 10 chargesheets against Jagan.
More from this Section
May 26, 2015, 12:14 am IST
May 25, 2015, 11:58 pm IST
May 25, 2015, 11:46 pm IST
May 25, 2015, 11:03 pm IST