One of the worst floods ever in recent history in Uttarakhand leave thousands stranded and many missing, here's a collated list of how you can provide help to the ones struck by this tragedy.
Helpline numbers:Uttarkashi: 01374-226126, 226161
The ITBP helpline and control room numbers: 011-24362892, 9968383478
Army medical emergency helpline numbers: 18001805558, 18004190282, 8009833388
Uttarakhand Helpline numbers: 0135-2710334, 2710335, 2710233
Railway helpline numbers at Haridwar: 09760534054/09760534055;
Many NGOs are also running campaign:
Uday Foundation 011-26561333, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Relief Material can be sent directly to Uday Foundation Uttrakhand Warehouse cum base camp office at following address:-
Uday Foundation - Help for Uttrakhand
C/O Parmarth Gurukul
Rishikesh, Uttrakhand - 249202
Monetary help can be send through cheque or DD in favour of "Uday Foundation" and courier the same to Uday Foundation, 91A ( Near Airtel) Adhchini, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi 110017
All donations are exempted under 80G of income tax.
Contact NGO Goonj on 011-41401216 or log on to http://www.goonj.org
Here are the details of some of the urgent requirements-
Material- Tarpaulins, mosquito nets, Dry ration ( primarily-rice, pulses, biscuits ) blankets and woolens, cooking utensils, buckets, torch and batteries, umbrellas, basic medicines, water purifier tablets, crutches, candles,lanterns, feeding bottles, rope. Also- Old flex banners, mats, sponsorship for sanitary pads and Sujnis.
Monetary contributions- for logistics and essential purchases. (All monetary contributions are tax exempted u/s 80G) please click below for the easiest option to transfer the money with in India and from outside.
Directly in the Goonj account - http://goonj.org/?page_id=55/
Via credit or debit card- http://goonj.org/?page_id=1656
For overseas contributions- http://goonj.org/?page_id=834
You can also drop a cheque/ draft in the name of GOONJ in any HDFC branch or send to GOONJ, J-93, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-110076, Tel.-011-41401216 with your full name, address, tel no, pan no. for receipt purpose to email@example.com
Logistical support- transport - to carry material from Goonj offices to new hubs in the areas and from our other city offices to Delhi which will operate as the central hub, big storage spaces in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Jalandhar.
The Save the Children campaign
- Cash Transfer to the households. Save the Children and Partners will support households in terms of
- clearing the debris
- basic repair of homes in order to make them liveable
- immediate requirements of food, hygiene items, basic medicine, etc.
- Improving / Purification of Potable Water in order to ensure that
- Safe drinking water is available
- Prevent outbreak of cholera, diarrhoea and other preventable diseases
- Supplementary Nutrition to 6,000 children directly or through ICDS / local early child care places
- Formation of Mothers' Groups and Promotion of Low Cost Balanced Diet for children, women including pregnant and lactating mothers
- Hygiene kits to 3,000 households who need it most
- Tarpaulins to 3,000 households in order to improve transitional housing. Further needs on shelter requirements to be assessed and integrated into plan.