Waiting for 'Dragon Tattoo' sequel: Rooney Mara
Posted on: 11:43 AM IST Feb 04, 2013 IST
Los Angeles: Actress Rooney Mara says she is eagerly waiting to start working on the sequel to her hit film 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' but does not know what is happening with the project.
The 27-year-old says it's not for lack of enthusiasm from the film's cast that the shooting hasn't begun, reported Access Hollywood.
"I don't know. I hope so! But I don't know," Mara said, when asked if there are plans to begin shooting 'The Girl Who Played with Fire' - the next film in the English-language version series based on Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy.
The actress also shot down rumors claiming a second film may be made without Mara's co-star Daniel Craig, who plays journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the film.
"No, that's not a possibility. That won't happen. I don't know who started that rumour, but that's not true," she added.
Craig had previously said he would most definitely be up for making the sequel.
"Of course I'll embrace the movie, especially if David Fincher does it," he had said.
More from this Section
May 24, 2015, 9:02 pm IST
May 24, 2015, 8:49 pm IST
May 24, 2015, 8:38 pm IST
May 24, 2015, 8:36 pm IST