Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1. billion: 11 quick Tumblr facts
Posted on: 07:31 AM IST May 20, 2013 IST
New Delhi: Yahoo's board has approved a deal to buy blogging and social networking site Tumblr for $1.1 billion in cash.
This is new Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's largest deal since taking the helm of the once-iconic Internet company in July 2012.
10 facts about Tumblr:
1. 26-year-old David Karp is Tumblr's founder and CEO.
2. Tubmlr was launched in February 2007.
3. The company has 175 employees.
4. Tumblr is headquartered in New York City.
5. There are 108.4 million blogs on Tumblr.
6. 50.9 billion blog posts have been posted on Tumblr.
7. There are about 82.1 million new posts added to Tumblr every day.
8. Tumblr is available in 12 languages
9. About 42% of the traffic to Tumblr comes from US.
10. Tumblr says it is is ranked 17th on Quantcast's list of popular websites
11. It is said that a large percentage of Tubmlr blogs serve porn, but actual figures are not available.
More from this Section
May 22, 2015, 9:53 pm IST
May 22, 2015, 9:31 pm IST
May 22, 2015, 9:18 pm IST
May 22, 2015, 9:08 pm IST