1993 Bombay blasts: Zaibunisa may surrender in a TADA court today
Posted on: 11:26 AM IST May 17, 2013
Mumbai: Seventy-year-old Zaibunisa Kazi, who is a co-accused in the 1993 Bombay blasts case, will surrender in a TADA court in Mumbai on Friday. Her daughter, however, is likely to seek a day more for her mother to surrender citing health reasons.
The Supreme Court had earlier granted four weeks time to Zaibunnisa to surrender in the court to serve the remaining sentence.
Zaibunnisa had in April submitted a petition in the apex court saying that she should not be forced to surrender and serve the remaining part of the sentence till the President decides on her clemency plea. But the Supreme Court rejected the plea.
Zaibunnisa had mentioned in her petition that she was being treated for kidney cancer and her condition was so bad that she not only required constant medical attention but also needed an attendant. She had said that she would not be able to survive in jail. She had said that a petition under Article 72 has been filed on her behalf before the President, seeking pardon of her punishment.
More from this Section
July 7, 2015, 6:32 pm IST
July 7, 2015, 6:20 pm IST
July 7, 2015, 6:14 pm IST
July 7, 2015, 5:52 pm IST