BSY, 11 ministers in K'taka BJP's hall of shame
Posted on: 11:06 AM IST Feb 08, 2012
New Delhi: In the last 44 months, nearly one-third of the BJP government has resigned on charges ranging from rape to corruption in Karnataka. It is a record and a shameful one at that:
- The total sanctioned strength of Karnataka Cabinet is 34 including the chief minister.
- 1 chief minister (BS Yeddyurappa) and 11 ministers have resigned till now.
- 4 ministers resigned over sleaze. Ex-Chief Minister BS Yedyurappa allegedly had relations with a Cabinet minister. Excise Minister Renukacharya was caught kissing a nurse. The nurse claimed Renukacharya had raped and threatened her. Food and Civil Supplies Minister Haratalu Halappa was allegedly caught on camera raping a close aide's wife. He was in jail, but is now out on bail.
- Another minister G Janardhana Reddy is in jail for illegal mining.
- The total number of ministers who were forced to resign accounts for nearly 33 per cent of the State Cabinet.
More from this Section
July 6, 2015, 7:39 pm IST
July 6, 2015, 6:51 pm IST
July 6, 2015, 6:48 pm IST
July 6, 2015, 6:47 pm IST