Highlights of key changes in FDI in various sectors
Posted on: 10:19 PM IST Jul 16, 2013
New Delhi: Following decisions on FDI limits were taken at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- FDI cap in telecom raised to 100 pc from 74 pc; up to 49 pc through automatic route and beyond via FIPB
- No change in 49 pc FDI limit in civil aviation
- 100 pc FDI allowed in single brand retail; 49 per cent through automatic, 49-100 per cent through FIPB
- FDI limit in insurance sector was increased to 49 per cent from present 26 per cent, subject to Parliament approval
- FDI up to 49 pc in petroleum refining allowed under automatic route, from earlier approval route
- In power exchanges 49 per cent FDI allowed through automatic route, from earlier FIPB route.
- Raised FDI in asset reconstruction companies to 100 per cent from 74 per cent; of this up to 49 per cent will be under automatic route
- FDI limit increased in credit information companies to 74 per cent from 49 per cent
- FDI up to 49 per cent in stock exchanges, depositories allowed under automatic route
- FDI up to 100 per cent through automatic route allowed in courier services
- FDI in tea plantation up to 49 per cent through automatic route; 49-100 per cent through FIPB route
- No decision taken on FDI cap in airports, media, brownfield pharma and multi-brand retail.
More from this Section
September 2, 2015, 10:14 pm IST
September 2, 2015, 9:33 pm IST
September 2, 2015, 8:05 pm IST
September 2, 2015, 6:30 pm IST