Complaint filed against Shinde for 'Hindu terror' remarks
Posted on: 09:50 PM IST Jan 23, 2013
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is now facing criminal action after a complaint was filed against him in Saket court in Delhi on Wednesday for his "Hindu terror" remarks. The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had said earlier that they are considering pressing charges against the Union Minister.
Addressing the All India Congress Committee meeting in Jaipur on Sunday, Shinde had alleged the BJP and the RSS were running training camps to promote Hindu terrorism. "We have got an investigation report that be it RSS or BJP, their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism. We are keeping a strict vigil on all this," he had said adding that, "Whether it is the Samjhauta blast or the Mecca Masjid blast or the Malegaon blast, they plant bombs and blame it on the minorities.
However, Shinde was immediately made to explain his statement by the Congress leadership. Defending his remarks, Shinde had said that he was referring to Saffron terrorism which has already been talked about by media at various occasions.
The RSS, meanwhile, has demanded that Shinde apologise for making "unacceptable and irresponsible comments". "The remarks are extremely insulting and he must tender an apology...terrorism has no colour, it should not be linked to Hindus," RSS propaganda chief Manmohan Vaidya had said.
More from this Section
June 30, 2015, 1:45 pm IST
June 30, 2015, 1:44 pm IST
June 30, 2015, 1:35 pm IST
June 30, 2015, 1:14 pm IST